Indian Weddings signify much more than decorations, fineries, entertainment, mehendiwalis and flowers. Hindu marriages are elaborate occasions of rituals, customs and norms. Traditional Hindu marriage ceremonies last for almost four to five days at a stretch. Pre Wedding Ceremonies in India forms an integral part of the Indian wedding Ceremonies.
- Engagement or Ring ceremony Indian wedding is beginning of new life. It is starting of wedding where they formally get engaged in presence of relatives and loved one by wearing rings by each other. Marriages are said to be the binding of two hearts rather than anything else, in which two people comes together, chosen by the families mostly, except for love marriages, and solemnly pledge to share every sorrow and joy with one another.
- Mehendi Ceremony Celebrated by the Bride's family, the Mehendi Ceremony is an amusing ritual observance that derives its origin from the Traditional Indian customs. In this ceremony, Mehendi is put in the hands and feet of the bride, in beautiful and intricate designs, especially done with the help of an expert. Mehendi mainly consists of henna paste.
- Sangeet Ceremony Indian Weddings signify much more than decorations, fineries, entertainment, wedding planners, mehendiwalis and flowers. Most importantly it is the union of two like minded hearts. Secondly it is a bond not only of two people for a lifetime commitment but also between two families. Hindu marriages deal with elaborate occasions of rituals, customs and norms. Traditional Hindu marriage ceremonies last for almost four to five days at a stretch. Sangeet Ceremonies forms an integral part of the Indian wedding Ceremonies.
- Tilak Ceremony is one of the most important Pre Wedding Ceremonies; it holds an important position as regards its auspicious nature in traditional Hindu customs. The Tilak Ceremony varies from one state to another. It is also very different in case of diverse castes and creeds. Among the tribal in India, the Tilak Ceremony holds good, but the way is quite different from its urban counterpart. According the family tradition and culture the Tilak Ceremony is usually held.
- Vidai Ceremony Indian weddings are a special affair, to say the least. In Indian culture, marriage is considered to be a union of two souls. Deemed a sacred affair, it is believed that marriage extends beyond a single life time and continues up to seven lives. The auspicious ceremony of marriage is taken to be 13th out of a total of 16 ceremonies in one's life. Indian marriages are solemnized according to the VEDAS, Hindu religion's sacred scriptures. Most of these Indian wedding rituals have regional traditions as their base. However, the common tie amongst all these wedding rituals is the fun as well as the excitement which form an integral part. One of the important Post Wedding Ceremonies in India is the Vidai Ceremony.
- Reception Ceremony Indian wedding ceremony itself is a long and stretched out procedure when almost all the Hindu deities are worshipped besides asking them to bless the newly wed couple.